This Substance Is Making Dogs Sick And It’s Probably In Your Home RIGHT Now

A substance that is found in many products is making thousands of dogs sick — even causing death. Sadly, it’s affecting more and more pets every year and it’s probably in your home right this moment.

The substance is called xylitol. The amount of xylitol poisoning cases in dogs has been increasingly dramatically over recent years. The Pet Poison Hotline reports that they’ve received 10 times the amount of calls related to xylitol poisoning from November 2015 than all of 2009 combined.

“There are still a lot of dog owners who have never heard of xylitol,” Ahna Brutlag, associate director of veterinary services for the hotline said. “Nor do they understand that something this benign, an ordinary sweetener, could be toxic to pets.”

What Is Xylitol?

Xylitol is a type of sweetener used as as a sugar substitute commonly found in “sugar-free” items such as gum or mints. However, it can also be found in peanut butter, toothpaste, medications, vitamins and more. It’s 100 times more dangerous to dogs than chocolate.

For more information about xylitol including symptoms of poisoning, what you should do and a full list of products that contain the substance — continue to the next page.

Next Page
SHARE
Previous article5 Definitive Signs That You’re Totally Obsessed With Your Pit Bull – And Proud Of It!
Next articleOne-Eyed, Deaf Pit Bull Has Spent More Than Half Her Life In A Shelter

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz